Condensing a QB file
Quickbooks files cannot be purged, but you can clear old transactions with the Condense Data Tool.
Click "File" in the main menu bar.
- Select "Utilities" followed by "Condense Data."
- Click to enable the "Transactions before a specific date" radio button in the Condense Data window.
- Enter your preferred date in the "Remove transactions before" field.
- Click the "Next" button and then click "Next again" to complete the procedure.
- Create a summary journal entry for each month
Select "Select None" for Removing the transactions, and similarly with not removing the lists (we will need those).
Then Begin Condense
- Make sure you have a backup in case things go wrong.
- If you condense you will not be able to access any of the history removed from the file.