How to create a MYOB File backup
- Firstly, open your MYOB file.
Click on the File menu, and go down to Back Up
- If prompted please make sure that you Backup Company File only.
- From here, you will get a new Pop Up box prompting you to select where to save the file, and whether or not you wish to have a Password. We suggest saving it to your desktop, or somewhere you are able to find it easily. We also prefer the password section is left blank, as this can cause unnecessary delays in your conversion.
- Once you have done this, click on Back Up
- If you have saved your file to the desktop, you will see a Zip folder on your desktop.
Please do NOT attempt to manually change the extension on your file, as this will make it unable to be opened
recommendation is that you remove the administrator password prior to
uploading the file to avoid any potential issue. (It is the
Administrator password, not another user).
NOTE: Please do not add a password to the zipped folder.
How to create a Reckon Desktop File backup
To save the backup of your Reckon desktop file, please follow the following steps.
- Click on the File menu > Save Copy or Backup
- Select Backup Copy and click Next
- Select Local Backup and click Next
- Browse the location that you wish to save the file to eg. your Desktop
How to create a Reckon Hosted File backup
Follow these steps to save your backup to your computer.
- Click on the download icon located on the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Click on the “Look in:” drop-down menu and select “My Backup (B:) “ where your hosted backup sets are stored by default
- Select your Backup File or Portable Company file you want to make a local copy of
Reckon Accounts Hosted download function will automatically download
your file to your web browsers default download folder location.
Here is a video
regarding taking a backup that may assist.
You have successfully created a backup file and transferred it onto your local machine. Once done click on “Open Downloads folder” to navigate to the backup file.
How to create a Quickbooks Desktop File backup
To create your backup, follow the instructions in this link
or the screenshots below:
NOTE: Please do not take an Accountants backup as these cannot be used for conversion.
1. Open the company file that you want to back up, once the company file is open go to File > Back-up company > Create Local Backup
2. Make sure Local Backup is select and then select Next
3. Select Browse to choose where to save your file once select OK
4. Select Use this Location - as this is a backup for instant upload and not safe keeping there is no issue with saving it on the same hard drive
5. Ensure Save it Now is selected and then select Next
Your file is now ready to be uploaded via our website!
If you have taken a QBB extension backup and there is a password please add the password on the upload page.