Using this information you will be able to create your payment summaries in Xero for the current financial year.
If you operate on a non-standard financial year please note that reporting data for payroll will only be provided on a standard financial year July - June.
MYOB Online Australia Specific Payroll notes:
There are some data accessibility restrictions in MYOB Online files where the following data is not accessible:
- Tax File Numbers
- USI / Spin Numbers - Unless we can name match off Xero
- Tax Free Threshold is either Yes or No - all other options are not accessible to our extraction
If you are using MYOB AccountRight Live you have the ability to provide a desktop file instead where we are able to extract these details for the conversion.
Quickbooks Online Australia Specific Payroll notes:
There are some variances between Quickbooks these are outlined below
- Pay categories require payment classification.
- All used pay rates you wish to convert need to have a unit present in the source file. ( refer to the employee pay rates before converting )
- Only 1 pay rate template can be used for each employee. ( refer payroll setting > pay conditions > pay rate template )
- Only paid Domestic Violence leave entitlement will convert , unpaid Domestic Violence leave will need to be created post conversion.
Reckon Australia Specific Payroll notes:
Reckon Payroll module is an accounting solution for Single Touch Payroll as such we do convert as this is an add-on.
If the payroll data is contained in your Reckon backup data this will be converted to Xero.
Where possible we bring across superannuation funds for employees. If a super fund is missing it will be for one of the following reasons:
- Because we didn't have enough details or there was more than one SPIN/USI number in the source file. An example is the super fund AMP, which can be one of nine different super funds depending on the spin number.
- Self-Managed Super Funds will not come across as there is no equivalent fund in Xero.
- Superannuation details and funds will not come across if the file is MYOB Essentials, MYOB Live, MYE or MYO.
Unfortunately, as we cannot convert Payruns the Super accrual does not flow into Xero for you to be able to make Auto Super payments. These payments should be made from the source file prior to cancelling the subscription, or through your clearinghouse.
Paying Superannuation in Xero
We suggest paying all superannuation payments up until the date of conversion using your prior system to avoid error and additional work. Depending on your software package in Xero you may have the ability to make use of Xero's Auto Superannuation Payment Process. Either way please find the guide below on how to pay superannuation using Xero.
Processing Superannuation using Auto Super
- Paying Superannuation Auto super
- Payroll Process Super
Processing Superannuation without Auto Super
- Paying Superannuation manually
Please see the step by step guide here
for calculating payroll figures post-conversion.