You have a variety of support options to choose from, depending on what works best for you.
Prior to converting your file, we encourage you to get in touch to discuss your conversion needs. You can email us at email@example.com or give us a call:
- Australia: 1800 77 00 35 (9:00am to 5pm AEST Queensland time)
- New Zealand: +61 7 5334 1222 (midday to 8pm NZ time)
- USA: 1-800-610-3384 (4pm to late Pacific Time Zone)
You can also read how data converts on our Knowledge Base. This is recommended reading if you have data needs such as payroll, inventory or jobs/classes/categories. It also covers how transactions, the Chart of Accounts and Contacts convert.
Finally, make sure that you follow the pre-conversion checklist which can be downloaded from our website home page.
During the conversion
To assist in a smooth enquiry process please provide the below item whenever requesting support:
- Migration ID - This a 6 digit number provided.
- Screenshot - from the source and Xero file (if applicable)
and we generally get back to you within 2-4 business hours.
For real-time assistance go to our
and hop onto chat (bottom right-hand side of the web page). Our team are available during Queensland, Australia business hours to help you out on the spot.
Out of business hours simply click on the Need help? menu to access the extensive knowledge base, the answer to most questions can be found here. If you have selected an Accelerate package you can also call the sales phone line on the contact numbers above during Queensland business hours.
From time to time conversions will encounter errors that require a manual human intervention fix. This could be from our Quality Assurance team to our Development team by choosing the Accelerate package this means there will be no additional charges for these fixes. If this package is not selected and a file fix is required this will be quoted on an hourly rate.
Our software applies over 100 different rules and functions to deal with software platform differences and accounting practice variations. This may mean the way the data is presented may not be exactly as it was in the source file. However, rest assured we do not deliver any Xero organisations unless they pass our strict Quality Assurance checks. It is very important that you work through the conversion Action Checklist once you have received the Xero subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to be sent another copy of the Action checklist.
We aim to provide a positive conversion experience so please contact us as soon as you have any queries regarding the converted data. For us to best assist it is important that you contact us with your questions prior to making changes in the Xero organisation. Our ability to effectively investigate your data queries may be compromised if you have been working in Xero and amended the data as originally supplied at the completion of the conversion. The longer you have worked in Xero the more the integrity of the data is impacted. For us to be able to properly investigate your query please notify us of any data discrepancies within 7 business days of your receiving the Xero organisation.
If you have any data related questions we have an expert team of qualified accounting professionals dedicated to technical advice. Email email@example.com and we generally get back to you within 8 business hours for Accelerate package clients and 2 business days for all other packages. We will need the following to quickly and effectively investigate your question:
- Migration ID: Six digit number provided on all email and paper communication during the conversion.
- Screenshots: of how the data appears in the source file prior to conversion and also how it appears differently in Xero
- Access to your Xero organisation: if we have been removed, please invite us as an adviser with payroll access (Instructions on how to give access to another user):
Name: Jet Convert
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If errors exist as a result of the conversion process, we will rectify these at no charge, providing you have followed the steps outlined in the conversion Action Checklist, and you
notify us of any discrepancy within
7 business days of you receiving your Xero organisation.
PLEASE NOTE: we do not offer support when errors result from data being amended or deleted post-conversion impacting data integrity as delivered. We can reconvert the file (for a fee) or recommend a Xero certified trainer who may assist you.
If you have selected an Accelerate package, we will call you to discuss your data related query if the answer is too complex for a written response.
After the conversion process, there may be questions that you may have in regards to how the data has been converted. For us to best assist please contact us with your questions as soon as possible.
Please note that our ability to effectively investigate your data queries may be compromised if you have commenced working in the data file and made changes to the data as supplied in Xero. The longer you work in Xero the more the integrity of the data is impacted so we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible following conversion.
As a starting point we recommend reviewing the following:
- Conversion Features - Here is information on conversion features, please also review 'How data converts'.
- Action Checklist - This resource is provided upon successful delivery of the conversion and will include details in regards to the conversion specifics. If you cannot locate the email with your Action Checklist attached please contact us for another copy.
- Knowledge Base - This resource can be found here and you can use the 'search function' to find additional information on your question.
- Chat - Chat is available on our website and can be used to answer less technical questions.
If you have reviewed the above and still have questions in regards to the converted data we would appreciate the chance to look into your question further.
For us to investigate we will need additional information including the below:
- Conversion ID
- Screenshot - Please provide us with some more information on your enquiry. Screenshots or specific examples of your issue will help us address your question quicker. Please provide an example of how the data appears in the source file and also how this appears differently in Xero. This is so we know which specific information needs investigation.
- Access into your Xero Organisation - We will require access to your Xero organisation. Please invite us as an adviser with payroll access (Instructions on how to give access to another user.).
4. A copy of the source file - We delete the data file after 2 weeks for privacy & confidentiality purposes. To compare the data in Xero with the source file we will need the original accounting data file that was provided for the conversion. If we do not have this we will provide you with an upload link.
Once we have the above we will assist with your enquiry to the best of our ability. Accelerate packages should expect a response within 24 hours, all other packages within 48 hours.
Assistance in using Xero
The Xero self-help centre has an extremely comprehensive and easy-to-use knowledge database. Alternatively, you can contact the Xero support team via support.xero.com. You will need to be logged in to Xero to post your support request.
If you would like some personal assistance, we have teamed up with a leading Xero Advisor to provide Xero training for Australian customers. You can register interest in Xero training via our website.