Turning on Account Numbers
1. Go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
2. In the Preferences window, click Accounting in the list on the left. Click Company Preferences.
Select the Use account numbers checkbox. Click OK.
Adding an Account Number
1. Go to the Lists menu and click Chart of Accounts.
2. Click the Account button and then click New.
3. In the Add New Account: Select Account Type window, select the type of account you want to create and then click Continue. Enter the account’s name in the Account Name field. This name will appear on your company financial statements. If you want to make this account a subaccount of another account, select the Subaccount of the checkbox. From the drop-down list, click the account that will be the higher-level account for this subaccount. (Optional) Enter a short description, note, bank account number, or credit card number, depending on the type of the account you are adding.