Transaction types that may lead to issues
We always try to deliver the conversion with full transactional
On occasions, if the following transaction types occur extensively we may only be able to provide a service with no or reduced history. In some instances it may prevent us from being able to complete the conversion at all. If this occurs we will endeavour to advise you as soon as possible.
- Manual journals to control accounts – Xero does not allow journals to control accounts. Where we encounter these transactions we use the conversion clearing account to replicate these journals in Xero. However extensive use of journaling to control accounts is outside the scope of our automated service and we will advise if we encounter this in your file.
- Tracked inventory – We cannot convert Tracked inventory however this can be setup post conversion, for more information please see here.
- Multiple Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable accounts – Xero only allows for one system Account for each Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable. Where possible we will merge multiple Accounts Receivable / Payable accounts to conform with Xero’s functionality. However if there are many, or complex, AR / AP accounts in the source file we will not be able to complete the conversion.
- Transactions with greater than 1,000 lines – There are limits to the number of API calls that we application can make against a particular Xero organisation. This includes transaction line limits - Xero will not allow Invoices / Bills to have in excess of 1000 transaction lines.
- Any integrated add-ons – Add on’s bring data into accounting files in different ways. If you have an add on which posts a manual journal to accounts receivable of accounts payable for instance, we will bring in the payments into a secondary account under Accelerate package these will be reconciled and under any other package the user can reconcile post conversion.
- GST set up as a bank account – In some accounting packages there is the ability to set GST Collected and GST Paid up as Bank Accounts / Credit Cards. In Xero this action cannot be replicated and GST bank accounts can not be set up as the system account for GST. We suggest selecting a package with Bank Account mapping so that you can have this created as a current liability to avoid any conversion issues.
- Trade Debtors/Trade Creditors accounts linked to bank accounts – In some accounting packages you have the ability to set up bank accounts as the system account for Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable. In Xero this action cannot be replicated and bank accounts can not be set up as the system account for Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable. We suggest selecting a package with Bank Account mapping so that you can have this created as a current liability to avoid any conversion issues.
- Tax Codes used for both 0% and 10% – In some accounting packages you have the ability to set up and use Tax Codes as both 0% and 10%. Xero only allows one to be applied consistently throughout its use. As a result we often find that there is a BAS Discrepancy between the two file. This is due to Xero only including calculated GST in the Activity Statement and to deliver a file with the correct GST balance we include variance as a transaction line within the invoice or bill. We do provide an email post conversion advising this variance so you can make the necessary adjustments if you wish, alternatively you can provide this to your finacnial professional for their records.
If we do identify an issue within your file we will let you know as soon as possible.
Please see below for the essential file preparation steps before uploading your file:
- MYOB (AU & NZ)
- Reckon (AU)
- Quickbooks (US)
Tracked Inventory after conversion
Our conversion brings across the accounting data associated with Inventory and not stock management data. Please see here for How inventory data is converted. About Tracked Inventory Inventory items are converted as 'Un-tracked Items' this allows ...
All items are created in Xero with their item codes, descriptions and purchase and sales details. What we Convert Item number Item name Base Sales Price Standard cost COGS and Inventory $ COGs and Inventory Accounts Item Description: Note: there is ...
How is inventory & activity codes handled during the conversion?
What we Convert If there is inventory in the source file we convert the following: Item number and sale description Base Sales Price Standard cost COGS and Inventory $ COGS and Inventory Accounts Note: Inventory accounts are set up in 'other assets' ...
We are not experts on Xero add-ons, and for this reason, it is best you speak to people that specialise in this area. To get more information about add-ons you can: Read about them on the Xero website Use the services of a cloud integrator
MYOB (AU & NZ)
MYOB Preparation Checklist It is ESSENTIAL you work through the information detailed on this page before uploading your file for conversion. This will ensure that you will have a cleaner conversion to Xero, and highlight if there are any outstanding ...