NOTE: This service is available for US clients only at this point in time.
What is Converted?
Contacts: All contacts convert, even archived contacts as they may have been used in transactions, you can archive them in Xero following conversion - more information
Chart of Accounts: All accounts as per the source file, if there are no account numbers our software will post a system-generated number instead, account hierarchy will need to be set up in Xero post-conversion as we cannot bring across accounts as headers - more information
Inventory items: Tracked inventory is not converted, you can add that into Xero post-conversion - more information
Classes: More than 100 Classes will attract a fee, if there are more than 500 Classes they will not convert - more information
Open invoices & bills: Anything open can be dealt with in Xero following conversion -more information
Transactions: Invoices, Quotes and Orders with full line item details and all payments against them - see her for more information.
3. You then need to click the Organization name button to go to your Quickbooks portal and select the correct organization.
4. You will leave the upload page, and then follow on-screen instructions to allow Jet Convert to have access.
5. After you authorize Jet Convert you will be taken back to the screen to enter your other contact details and proceed. Unless you have been provided with a Jet_promocode leave the field blank.
6. You will be provided with a Migration ID Number (a format such as nnnnnn).
Step 2: Invite Us Into your QBO
1. Go back into QBO, please invite us in as
Access Level Required
Company Admin Access
2. Ensure also that you enter 'REF' as Firstname and our reference number 'nnnnnn' as Lastname. This is VERY IMPORTANT. If we do not receive the correct Migration ID number the invitation may expire and the conversion delayed.
(If you are using a Simple Start version, then you will need to invite us as an accountant as that version only allows a single user. It is a slightly different process.)
4. To give us the correct access click on the Settings button on the Top Right of your organization. Then select Manage Users.
5. There is a wizard that runs through. Select Company Admin when you get to that page then select Next.
6. Use the email address and reference number to complete the below
7. After you finish this process, you can see the status of the invited user.
8. Please note that you cannot cancel your QBO subscription until the conversion is complete.
Warning: Live files
Please note. Quickbooks Online is a live system with bank feeds active. We will do our best to complete the conversion as fast as possible. If you have bank feeds or automatic invoicing then accounts such as AR or AP or bank balances will change daily. We will deliver the Xero organization based on the status of the QBO data when we gain access to your entity.
Step 3: We do the conversion
1. We will connect to your QBO account and extract the data.
2. The process continues and you will be asked to confirm bank accounts in the conversion process to Xero if you selected an Insight or Accelerate packages.
3. The new Xero Organization should be delivered to you in 5 business days. We will contact you if it looks like it might take longer.
What is Converted? Contacts Chart of Accounts Inventory items Classes Open invoices & bills Closed Invoices & Bills for the Transactional Period Converted Transactions Payroll Pre-conversion file preparation Please see here for pre-conversion tidy up ...
Quickbooks Preparation Checklist NOTE: This conversion service is only for the USA version of Quickbooks into the USA version of Xero. If your company pays tax outside the USA then, unfortunately, you will need to consult another conversion supplier. ...
MYOB Files must be under 800Mb and either .MYO or .MYOX if they are over 800Mb you can use our custom conversions. They must not have Multi-Currency or Multi-locations. Version of MYOB Australia New Zealand Account Right Y Y Account Right Live Y Y ...
In addition to the transactional history available as part of our service, you can add monthly comparatives for additional reporting purposes. These are monthly journals derived from the profit and loss and balance sheets prior to the transactional ...
1. Prepare the file There is some 'tidy-up' work that we recommend you do in the file prior to conversion: Preparing a MYOB file (AU & NZ) Preparing a Reckon file (AU only) Preparing a Quickbooks online file (US only) Preparing a Quickbooks Desktop ...