What is converted:
- Contacts: All contacts convert, even archived contacts as they may have been used in transactions, you can archive them in Xero following conversion
- Chart of Accounts: All accounts as per the source file, if there are no account numbers our software will post a system-generated number instead, account hierarchy will need to be set up in Xero post-conversion as we cannot bring across accounts as headers
- Inventory items: Tracked inventory is not converted, you can add that into Xero post-conversion
- Classes: More than 100 Classes will attract a fee, if there are more than 500 Classes they will not convert
- Open invoices & bills: Anything open can be dealt with in Xero following conversion
- Transactions: Invoices, Quotes and Orders with full line item details and all payments against them
The QBO Conversion Process
Please follow the steps below:
1. Start the conversion via our website.
2. Select Quickbooks Online and Load.
3. You then need to click the blue button to go to your Quickbooks portal, and select the correct organization.
4. Leave the upload page, and then follow on-screen instructions to allow Jet Convert to have access. (see photo below).
5. After you authorize Jet Convert you will be taken back to the Jet Convert conversion page to enter your other contact details and proceed. Unless you have been provided with a Jet_promocode leave the field blank.
6. On the next screen you will be provided with a Migration ID Number (a format such as nnnnnn).
7. Back in QBO, have the subscriber go to Settings / Manage Users to invite us to QBO.
8. Please invite us in as a Company Administrator. We need this level of Access in order to extract the data. You may need to ask the QBO Administrator to do this for you if you are not an Administrator.
9. Use email firstname.lastname@example.org, enter 'REF' as Firstname and our reference number 'nnnnnn' as Lastname. This is VERY IMPORTANT. If we do not receive the correct Migration ID number the invitation may expire and the conversion delayed.
10. If you are using a Simple Start version, then you will need to invite us as an accountant as that version only allows a single user. It is a slightly different process.
12. After you finish this process, you can see the status of the invited user.
13. Go back to the Jet Convert conversion page where you can make package selection (and bank account mapping
if you select a premium package).
14. When done your conversion page will show the conversion as being in progress.
WHAT WE WILL DO NEXT:
- We will attach to your QBO account and extract the data.
- The process continues and after a period of time (usually a few hours) you will be asked to confirm bank accounts if you selected a premium package.
- The new Xero Organization should be delivered to you in up to 5 business days. We will contact you if it looks like taking longer.
Warning: Live files - Quickbooks Online is a live system with bank feeds active. We will do our best to complete the conversion as fast as possible. If you have bank feeds or automatic invoicing then accounts such as AR or AP or bank balances will change daily. We will deliver the Xero org based on the status of the QBO data when we gain access to your entity.